Abode Shelter : mission is to end homelessness by assisting low-income, un-housed people, including those with special needs, to secure stable, supportive housing; and to be advocates for the removal of the causes of homelessness.
- Administrative office 40849 Fremont Boulevard, Fremont, CA 94538
- (510) 657-7409
Adult Protective Services (APS) – help elder adults and dependent adults when they are unable to meet their own needs, or are victims of abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- 6955 Foothill Blvd., Third Floor, Oakland, CA 94621
- 24 hour Hotline (866) 225-5277
Celebrate Recovery : biblical and balanced program that helps us overcome our hurts, hang-ups, and habits based on the actual words of Jesus.
Local groups at:
- Cedar Boulevard Neighborhood Church 38325 Cedar Blvd, Newark CA
- Harbor Light Church 4760 Thornton Ave., Fremont CA
- Bridges Community Church 505 Driscoll Rd. Room 308/Building C, Fremont CA
- Victory Center AME Zion Church 33450 9th St., Union City CA
- Hillside Alliance 944 Central Blvd., Hayward CA
Centerville Dining : We work together under our Lord’s direction to “Love one Another” by serving hot dinners Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4:00 p.m., giving away food, providing pastoral counseling and resources when able.
- Centerville Presbyterian Church 4360 Central Ave, Fremont, CA 94536
Child Protective Services (CPS) : To report child abuse or make complaints
- Hotline (510) 259-1800
CityServe’s Compassion Network : faith-based, non-profit volunteer network and clearing-house specifically serving Fremont, Union City and Newark residents with various needs. We have personally served over 16,000 people in need representing all faiths, economic and ethnic groups.
- 39155 Liberty St. #H840, Fremont CA 94538 (510) 796-7378
- M-Th 10 a.m. -12 p.m., 1 p.m. -4 p.m., Fri 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness): bring NAMI’s Internationally recognized programs of Education, Support and Advocacy for better mental health to our local community.
- NAMI Alameda County South PO Box 7302, Fremont CA 94537 (510)378-1578
SAVE (Shelter Against Violent Environments) : mission is to strengthen every individual and family we serve with the knowledge and support needed to break the cycle of violence and build healthier lives. This includes shelter, support and education to combat domestic violence.
- 1900 Mowry Ave. Ste 201, Fremont CA 94538
- M-F 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 24 hour hotline (510)794- 6055
Stephen Ministry – Equipping congregation members to provide one-to-one Christian care to people who are hurting. See Pastor Anne for information.
Suicide Prevention Hotline
- 24 hour hotline (800)273-8255